Friday, December 17, 2010

Bring the Garden in Friday with Apricot Rosemary Bars


I was so pleased to find this recipe, and to have a sweet excuse to use more rosemary. I am reminded of making these cookies last year.

Apricot bars are probably not something I would normally make, but the rosemary shortbread drew me right in. I was really happy with these bars, and glad to have tried something a little different for me.

The shortbread layer is tender and buttery, and the rosemary influence is subtle. If you do make these, don't be concerned if your topping seems dry. I was sure mine would fall right off the top with the first bite, but the apricot filling held the crumble nicely.

Happy Holidays to you! Bring the Garden in Friday will be back the first Friday in January. See you then.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...