Wednesday, May 8, 2013

52 Loaves vs. Reinhart: A Baguette Challenge






This is the third and final round of baguette baking.  Until, I come across a new recipe that I think could truly be a challenge to our reigning champion, Baguette a l'Ancienne!

In this third round, the sourdough was up against Classic French Bread from Peter Reinhart's Artisan Breads Every Day.  We didn't hem and haw this time, it was a quick, universal and almost weary choice of the sourdough.

It's good to know that it's worth the effort to maintain the starter.  An extra step in bread baking doesn't always guarantee better bread, in my experience.  I'm not sure what's next, but I'm ready for some more sourdough adventure.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...