Monday, January 20, 2014

The January Yard





I first noticed my friend here a week or two ago when he landed with a thud one morning on the railing of the patio steps.

I looked up where I was working at the table to see this potbellied Robin.  Every day, now, he settles into the bush, eating the little berries and basking in the sunshine when it is available.

I have found that I look for him in the mornings, now, and enjoy his presence.  Company!  (Perhaps he is really a female and will be nesting here come spring?  Every summer when I trim this bush I find a nest hidden deeper within the branches.

 
The garden and yard are so brown and frozen now.  Noticing these Rose Of Sharon seeds yesterday lifted my spirits!

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...