Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Peephole





I need to cut a peephole to look out from this close space I have wiggled myself into that has no windows or doors.  

A small hole through which I can squint and say, I think I see a way I can make that connection back to that place and those people.  If I place the phone number in front of me today, I can make the call tomorrow.  If I give myself stationary and a time limit, I can sit down and write that letter start to finish.  

If I say, just thirty minutes a day and press the timer, I can make my way slowly through the revisions on that essay.

Defined as such, a peephole isn't so scary.  It's just enough of a view to begin to make my way towards what I want to do, but don't yet know how to, or if I am courageous enough to go the distance.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...