Monday, March 10, 2014

Eating Citrus





We've been eating citrus all winter.  Edible sunshine.


 

Clementines. Cuties. Grapefruit. Blood Oranges. Minneolas.



 And, of course, drinking the morning orange juice.





 But our conversation has turned to how impatient we are for summer fruit.  March and April are the hardest.  I dig into the freezer for last summer's blueberries and try to remain creative, baking with local apples from our winter CSA. 

I remember my mother telling me that when she was a child she received oranges in her Christmas stocking.  It's hard to conjure delight for something that has become so common. 

Looking at these photos together refreshes me a bit, though.  Look at all that sunshine!

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...