Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Walk It Out




I've been walking more often as my daily exercise since Spring arrived.  Brisk walking, as if late for an appointment.

Unlike hiking in the woods with the dogs, when I'm taking in the great outdoors, I find my neighborhood brisk walking a little boring.  I'm going too fast to study the details, so I have nothing to absorb myself with mentally.

I decided that the pace was well suited to thinking out a problem or working out a plan. It has become my time to plan blog posts and think through topics.

I find that when I'm trying to work something out, I actually walk faster, and it also forces me to come up with ideas in that time period.

So, if you're stuck for ideas or trying to figure out how to improve something in your writing, head out for a walk--and make it a brisk one.  Maybe the ideas will flow.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...