Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April's Garden





Every spring I resolve that I will improve upon the previous year's garden.  Weed and mulch more, plant with forethought, not just plunk in a seedling where's there's space.  Create garden rooms, design.  Try a new method.


This year I am densely packing my beds following the suggestions in this book.  I am also planting by the biodynamic system.  

I couldn't resist these illustrated seed packets I found when we were in Hillsdale.  The Spotted Trout lettuce is coming up nicely.


Once the daffodils came up around Easter, we reached the point where there will always be something to snip for a vase on the kitchen table until October.


Now I just have to keep Charlie out of my flower bed.  He is drawn to the organic fertilizer I put down!

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...